The World Health Organization’s (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that Europe had now become the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, with more daily cases being reported than at the height of the outbreak in China, where the virus first began. He added that more than 123,000 cases had been reported, with 5,000 deaths.
Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove said that the timing of when the COVID-19 virus would peak globally was not easy to predict, however the trajectory of the coronavirus in each country would depend on how they respond and how they react to their first cases. She also said that the timing of the virus peaking in countries dealing with independent clusters would depend on how they look for the chains of transmission within the clusters.
Tedros also announced anyone could now donate to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, saying they were originally relying on governmental donations, but now the general public can also contribute. He said this would help with co-ordination to combat the virus, purchase more medical equipment, and invest in research and development.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Coronavirus #COVID19 #Health #GlobalNews
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Toàn văn bài viết của Tổng Bí thư, Chủ tịch nước về công tác chuẩn bị nhân sự Đại hội XIII của Đảng
- Lee Yeon Hee's Sudden Cuteness [The Game: Towards Zero Ep 2]
- HOW TO : 50 SIMPLE DANCE MOVES TO USE IN A DANCE BATTLE (ASPECTZAVI VS DC PT 2)
- Puka ngỡ ngàng khi ca sĩ bí ẩn số 7 Midu xuất hiện với giọng hát cực ngọt | Ca Sĩ Bí Ẩn Mùa 4
- Hiệp Sĩ Hải bị Chém ĐT 0913630921 .0913785858 Hải